Project Manager / National Extension and Training Specialist
SB 3 Peg 4
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative, the direct supervision of the CTA, close coordination with the National Project Coordinator and in cooperation with the counterpart Government authorities/staff, project staff and other FAO staff, the candidate will be responsible for the implementation of all activities related to the training and extension aspects of the project and will specifically:
- Conduct training need assessment together with the government officers and FOs and prepare training plan for all category of the project beneficiaries.
- Organize and support in conducting the capacity building training programmes for district level extension officers at the National training institutes of Ministries of Agriculture and Irrigation.
- Organize and support in conducting the technical and managerial capacity building training programmes for the leaders of FOs, technical capacity building training programmes for farmers and field level extension officers at the DATC or common buildings in the villages.
- Support in design and implementing various extension approaches such as FFS, Demonstration and Field days, Farmer Forum, Crop Clinics etc.in collaboration with the field officers of the DOA for better extension outreach.
- Facilitate in organizing Exposure visits for the selected farmers and extension officers to visit the successful farmers and areas where the similar project activities carried out in other provinces and within the project districts.
- Support in organizing Research – Extension forums and Seminars in collaboration with various Research Stations of DOA and participation of PDOA(NP).
- Prepare, design, print the training materials such as leaflets, Flip charts etc. and guide the field officers to use the training materials effectively.
- Assist in preparation and implementing the visibility plan of the project in the field.
- Organize all logistical aspects of conducting training plans and participate as resource persons in the training sessions of the field of agriculture.
- Facilitate and assist the level field data collection and compilation
- Assist in the design and enhance the M&E system and help in preparation of progress reports.
- Support in preparation of Inception Report and Terminal Statement.
- Perform any duties requested by the NPC and CTA.
- Organize successful demonstration in collaboration with the field staff and technical staff;
- Training strategy report produced
- Trainings programmes and plan for the needs identified
- Implement, manage and monitor the training plans and programmes
- Produce training reports
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports
The Specialist will be based at and working from the Kilinochchi FAO Sub - Office. Total duration of his/her input is till the end of October 2014.
The candidate should possess a university degree in Agriculture or Social science and at least 10 years of relevant professional experience in training and extension. Experience in implementing Farmer Field Schools will be considered as an asset. Working knowledge of English, good command of Tamil language and computer literacy at working level are required.
Qualified candidates are invited to send applications to FAOLK-Vacancies@fao.org indicating the positions applied to reach this office on or before 18 March 2014. Only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
The FAO Representative
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
UN Compound, 202, Bauddhaloka Mawatha