FAO in Cambodia
FAO has an important role to help the Royal Government of Cambodia tackle poverty, malnutrition and food insecurity. Approximately 80 per cent of Cambodians live in rural areas and more than 70 per cent depend on agriculture for their livelihoods.
FAO Representation in Cambodia works closely with the Royal Government of Cambodia to improve nutrition and eradicate hunger in the country. FAO Cambodia provides support to the Government in the following ways:
- Improving sustainable agricultural productivity (crop, soil use and livestock) for smallholder farmers
- Linking farmers to markets
- Increasing consumer protection
- Improving nutrition and food security
- Controlling Avian Influenza
- Strengthening natural resource management
- Mitigating and adapting to livelihoods and climate change
- Managing disaster risk reduction
For a complete list of our field programme please click here.